Sunday, February 10

What Do I Know of Love? By Rumi

What Do I Know of Love
Rumi

I talk of Love.

He says, “what do you know of Love.”
It’s insanity, It’s Pain.
How it cuts through your soul.
How it burns.


What do I know of Love?
Explosions,
in my heart,
Then, silence.


Tears.
I have seen a glimpse of love,
And have witnessed it’s insanity.
Why do I cry? Oh God, Why…?


He speaks of your Love.
But the love of your creation alone,
has driven me,
to madness.
What do I know, of your Love?


There it goes,
Taxiing down the runway.
And here, I stand,
with my pieces all around me.
My drunken heart,
my numb senses.


What are these at my feet?
Shattered glass?
I must try to put them back together,
From where should I start?
Where should I start?


The lonely bench,
in the morning fog.
The weeping flowers.
My wailing heart.


Why do they all cry?
Why?
Do they also know,
of love?

No comments: