Thursday, March 27

The Search of My Soul - Rumi

The search of my Soul

What is to be done, O Muslims? for I do not recognize myself.

I am neither Christian, nor Jew, nor Gabr [Magian], nor Muslim.

I am not of the East, nor of the West, nor of the land, nor of the sea;

I am not of Nature's mint, nor of the circling heavens.

I am not of earth, nor of water, nor of air, nor of fire;

I am not of the empyrean, nor of the dust, nor of existence, nor of entity.

I am not of India, nor of China, nor of Bulghar, nor of Saqsin;

I am not of the kingdom of 'Iraqain, nor of the country of Khurasan.

I am not of this world, nor of the next, nor of Paradise, nor of Hell;

I am not of Adam, nor of Eve, nor of Eden and Rizwan.

My place is the Placeless, my trace is the Traceless;

'Tis neither body nor soul, for I belong to the soul of the Beloved.

I have put duality away, I have seen that the two worlds are one;

One I seek, One I know, One I see, One I call.



He is the first, He is the last, He is the outward, He is the inward;

I know none other except "Ya Hu" [Yahweh] and "Ya man Hu" ["O He who is"].

I am intoxicated with Love's cup, the two worlds have passed out of my ken;

I have no business save carouse and revelry.

If once in my life I spent a moment without you,

From that time and from that hour I repent of my life.

If once in this world I win a moment with you,

I will trample on both worlds, I will dance in triumph for ever.

O Shamsi Tabriz, I am so drunken in this world,

That except of drunkenness and revelry I have no tale to tell.

No comments: